Our Other Events
Houston 24 Apr 2017
Los Angeles 22 Jun 2017
Chicago 10 Aug 2017
Baltimore 24 Aug 2017
Pittsburgh 14 Sep 2017
Atlanta 27 Sep 2017
Charlotte 11 Oct 2017
The Annual Hotel Conference
11-12 October 2017
Mediterranean Resort & Hotel Real Estate Forum
16th - 18th October 2017
04 Mar 2014
Breaking News from IHIF 2014
BERLIN (4 March, 2014): Over 2,000 delegates from 73 countries are currently gathered at The International Hotel Investment Forum (IHIF). Recognised as the leading meeting place for the hotel industry, IHIF is known throughout the hotel investment world as the place where deals get done. The globally acclaimed conference is also the forum where companies choose to break their latest news. Having the hotel community in one place makes IHIF the ideal arena to share breaking news on acquisitions, openings, appointments and launches. The latest breaking news from day two of IHIF 2014 includes:
• Choice Hotels Europe, the company behind the Comfort, Quality and Clarion brands in Europe and part of Choice Hotels International, announced at IHIF Berlin 2014 that it has opened 12 European properties since October 2013 in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany and Italy.
• A new European Affiliate of the Hospitality Asset Managers Association (HAMA) launched today at IHIF Berlin 2014. The new HAMA affiliate will bring together the leading professionals within the field of hotel asset management from organisations such as Starwood Capital Group, JJW Hotels, Union Investment Real Estate, UBM, Cedar Capital, Blackstone, KSL Capital, London and Regional and ADIA. Within Europe alone these companies represent in excess of 300 hotels and 55,000 hotel rooms.
• Bloomberg Media have been interviewing live from IHIF Berlin 2014 throughout the morning. Interviews included Sébastien Bazin, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Accor; Angela Brav, Chief Executive Officer Europe, IHG, Jean Marcel Fernandes, Director of Financing and Investment Promotion, Department of the Ministry of Tourism in Brazil and Ian Schrager Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Ian Schrager Company and recipient of the IHIF Lifetime Achievement Award.
• Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group announced they have signed two Radisson Blu hotels in Sousse, Tunisia, the 217 bedroom Radisson Blu Resort & Spa and the 130 bedroom Radisson Blu Pearl Resort Sousse. The two existing properties will undergo full renovations and are planned to open in 2016.
• Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) launched its first European Hotel Market Survey at IHIF Berlin 2014. The report said that London will be the city of M&A growth in the hotel sector in 2014 and presents the views of over 400 hotel industry professionals. The report suggests that confidence is returning to the sector.
• HVS London reported that total hotel transactions across Europe reached a value of €7.7 billion (US $10.6 billion) in 2013 in figures released at IHIF Berlin 2014.
• Christie + Co appointed a new International Managing Director. Andreas Scriven is current the Head of Consultancy at Christie + Co and he will be combining this role with that of International Managing Director. The new role demonstrates the important synergies Christie + Co sees between high quality, implementable advice and the international business property marketplace.
• InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) today announced at IHIF the signing of two more hotels in Russia and the CIS - InterContinental® Tbilisi and Holiday Inn Express® Moscow - Sheremetyevo Airport. The 200 room InterContinental Tbilisi will operate under a management agreement with Adjara Group and is set to open in 2016. The signing of this luxury hotel marks the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand’s debut in Georgia. IHG® also today announced at IHIF the signing of two more hotels in Germany under two existing multiple development agreements in place with long standing partners. Holiday Inn Express® Siegen will operate under a franchise agreement with Tristar Hotel & Management GmbH and Holiday Inn® Düsseldorf – Toulouser Allee will operate under a franchise agreement with Arcadia Hotelbetriebs GmbH.
• Jones Lang LaSalle has announced that it is now using the name “JLL” and introducing a refreshed logo. The shorter name and new logo are easily recognised and visible in countries around the world, memorable and easily pronounced in languages worldwide and suitable for digital applications and mobile channels.
• Today at the IHIF, Hilton Worldwide announced expansion plans in Qatar with the signing of a management agreement with First Qatar Real Estate Development Company to open Hilton Doha The Pearl Residences, Qatar. The new 445-room hotel will be located in Qatar’s capital Doha at the upscale and exclusive man-made island, Pearl-Qatar. Rob Palleschi, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts said: “We’re tremendously excited to introduce our first property to the fashionable and popular Doha district of Pearl-Qatar island and welcome the opportunity to become part of its thriving community. We are confident this outstanding new landmark property will quickly become a favourite destination for residents and visitors.”
For conference news, updates and comments follow the conference on Twitter @IHIF_News and use #IHIF2014.
The IHIF 2015 will take place from the 2-4th March 2015. Keep the date and we hope you can join us for another spectacular event that promises to deliver productive networking, thought-provoking sessions and an environment where deals get done.
About Questex Media Group
Questex Hospitality + Travel, the largest multimedia organization in the world dedicated to hospitality and travel, drives revenue, productivity and value creation for these related industries through strategic investment and deal-making forums, powerful lead-generation tools, interactive online business solutions, world-class events and industry-leading publications.
Questex Hospitality + Travel operates throughout the United States and Americas regions, EMEA and Asia/Pacific through a variety of market-leading properties and services including International Hotel Investment Forum (IHIF) Berlin, North America Hotel Investment Conference, Asia Pacific Hotel Investment Conference, Asia Pacific Tourism Destination Investment Conference, Brasil Hospitality Investment Conference, Russia & CIS Hotel Investment Conference, Turkey & Neighbours Hotel Investment Conference, HOTEC Design North America and HOTEC Operations & Technology North America; lead generation portal HotelManagement.net; industry news delivery services in print, online and mobile worldwide via IHIF: Hotel Investment News along with Hotel Management and HA+D magazines. For more information please visit www.questex.com.
For more information contact:
+44 (0)7771 686202
+44 (0)1372 466579