Our Other Events
Asia Pacific Hotel Investment Conference
19-20 May 2015
Dusit Thani, Bangkok, Thailand
Mediterranean Resort & Hotel Real Estate Forum
29th – 30th September, 2015
NH Collection Eurobuilding, Madrid
Russia & CIS Hotel Investment Conference
26 - 28 October 2015
Azimut Moscow Olympic Hotel, Russia
North America Hotel & Tourism Investment Conference
4 -5 November 2015
Fontainebleau Hotel, Miami Beach Florida
Turkey & Neighbours Hotel Investment Conference
31 May - 1 June 2016
Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Centre
Programme for IHIF15
8:30 - 9:15
BREAKFAST AND SPONSORS’ EXHIBITION
9:15 - 11:00
NEW TO IHIF
Discussion and debate are key to The International Hotel Investment Forum (IHIF). These new ‘In-the-Round’ sessions are a series of more intimate and informative discussions that will focus on specialised topics. This is a great opportunity to not only hear from experts and to learn about areas into which your business can grow, but also to be actively involved in valuable discussion.
CAN YOU RELY UPON A HOTEL VALUATION?
- Andreas Scriven International Managing Director and Head of Consultancy - Christie + Co
CRISIS MANAGEMENT – KEEPING YOUR GUESTS SAFE, WHAT STRATEGIES CAN YOU IMPLEMENT? NATURAL… TERRORISM… PANDEMICS
- Jasper Harrison Global Resilience Group, Operations Director - Security Services - AECOM
HOW THE SHARING ECONOMY IS CHANGING THE FACE OF THE HOTEL INDUSTRY AND WHY YOU NEED TO BE PART OF IT!
- Wolfgang Gattringer Managing Director - Solutions dot WG
- Olaf Steinhage Managing Director - hospitality competence berlin GmbH
KEY CHANGES IMPACTING THE COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR HOTEL BRANDS AND HOW BRANDS WILL NEED TO EVOLVE
- Tim Davis Managing Director - Pace Dimensions Ltd
ITALY – WITH EXPO 2015 AROUND THE CORNER, WHAT INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE AND WHAT FINANCING CAN YOU OBTAIN TO COMPLETE THE DEAL?
- Marco G. Malacrida Chairman - ITALIA Hospitality
MALDIVES – LISTEN TO WHY THE MALDIVES IS AN ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT DESTINATION AND THEIR PLANS FOR GROWTH
- Abdulla Ziyath Managing Director - Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation
- Mohamed Khaleel Chief Operating Officer - Reollo Travel & Niyama Maldives
SCOTLAND – WITH SCOTLAND STRATEGICALLY TARGETING TOURISM AS A SECTOR FOR GROWTH WHAT INVESTMENT PROPOSITIONS ARE ON THE TABLE?
- Graeme White Head of Tourism - Scottish Development International
SWITZERLAND – IS IT STILL A CLOSED MARKET?
- Patrik Scherrer Managing Partner - Patrik Scherrer & Partner GmbH
- Steffen Szeidl Partner & Member of the Executive Board - Drees & Sommer
WHAT TECHNOLOGY SHOULD YOU BE LOOKING FOR IN A HOTEL PRIOR TO PURCHASE?
- Michael Levie Chief Operating Officer - CitizenM Hotels
IMPROVING RevPAR, BRAND PROMISE DELIVERY AND GUEST SATISFACTION THROUGH MOBILE TRAINING
- David Topolewski CEO - Acquire
MEASURING YOUR SOCIAL, ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC IMPACT: IS YOUR HOTEL NET POSITIVE?
TUI Group's Head of Sustainability Jane Ashton and PwC's Global Leader of Sustainability and Climate Change Malcolm Preston will lead an interactive session to showcase a completely new and holistic approach to understanding the wider impacts of hotel operations on local communities within a tourism destination.
While Tourism is generally considered to be a driver of economic development in many countries of the world, it’s a claim often based simply on economic considerations and local anecdotal operational evidence. The environmental and social impacts of the industry (both positive and negative) influence economic development too, but are rarely taken into account as the management systems just aren’t in place at a local and national level to collect the data.
PwC's Total Impact Measurement and Management (TIMM) approach measures business success beyond financial analysis, and calculates a value (and a cost) for the social, environmental, tax and economic activities of a company. It allows a company to see at a glance the total impact it’s making. as well as the trade-offs between different strategies, allowing them to make the optimal decision for themselves and all their stakeholders. PwC is currently working with TUI Group to apply TIMM to Mainstream Sector tourism operations, focusing on hotels in Cyprus. The pilot is expected to provide new insights into the impacts – both positive and negative - of hotel operations on a holiday destination.
Malcolm and Jane will share their insights on the pilot, what it teaches us about impact measurement in the tourism and how this thinking could be applied to investment decisions.
- Malcolm Preston Global Leader - Sustainability and Climate Change - PwC UK
- Jane Ashton Director of Sustainability - TUI Group
AUSTRIA - TRADITION MEETS INNOVATION-HOTEL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN AUSTRIA
- Erik Steger Wolf Theiss Attorneys at Law - Partner
- Christian Walter Managing Director - PKF hotelexperts
MOROCCO - THE PLACE TO INVEST
- Imad Barrakad Chairman and Chief Executive Officer - Moroccan Agency for Tourism Development (SMIT)
ECUADOR AS A FORCE IN TOURISM AND A DESTINATION OF EXCELLENCE
- Sandra Naranjo Minister of Tourism - Ministry of Tourism for Ecuador
- Cristina Coronel Undersecretary of Tourism and Promotion - Ministry of Tourism for Ecuador
INVEST IN BRAZIL
- Eduardo Golin Director of the Department of Financing and Promotion of Tourism Investment - Brazil Ministry of Tourism
MACEDONIA - GET INSIGHTS INTO THE ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT INCENTIVES
11:15 - 11:45
COFFEE BREAK AND SPONSORS’ EXHIBITION
11:45 - 12:45
PRESENT YOUR PROJECT
NEW TO IHIF
Come and listen to three-minute pitches from ten companies who have exciting development projects and are looking for partners.
THE NEXT GENERATION PANEL
Traditional versus next-generation business models, perception of brand value-add.
- Lisa Neubueser Associate Director - Invesco Real Estate
In discussion with
THE DIGITAL CUSTOMER JOURNEY
Trends changing the traditional hotel world.
- Andrea Thilo Journalist, Facilitator & Documentary Film Producer -
- Willy Weiland Managing Director - Solutions dot WG, Hospitality Advisory Alliance
In discussion with
The growth of student accommodation as an investment vehicle as universities outsource to the private sector.
What are the investment opportunities?
- Marcus Roberts Director - Head of Student Investment - Savills (UK) Limited
In discussion with
SECONDARY CITIES IN GERMANY
Those investors who are focussing on the secondary cities in Germany.
- Andreas Ewald Director - EY
In discussion with
13:00 - 15:30
15:30 - 16:30
IHIF PROPERTY MARKET
Do you have a project under development or in the pipeline?
Following our success last year we will once again be holding our Property Market on Wednesday 4 March, dedicated to showcasing some of the very best projects and opportunities. If you have a project under development that you would like to display at the IHIF, please contact Tess Pearson at email@example.com.
Please note: The programme is subject to change